Is Your Roof Being Cleaned Properly?

 

(6)Due to the weather in the Pacific Northwest, it is common for the roof of our homes to become stained over time, grow moss, algae and other harmful bacteria.

Likely the most expensive part of your home, a well-maintained roof should last approximately 30 years, which is why it is important to properly treat your roof to prevent bacteria from eating away at the shingles, causing cracks and holding in moisture, which leads to rot and mold.

When selecting a professional to properly treat your roof, ask them the following questions:

  • Are they licensed and insured?
  • How do they treat the roof? Is the treatment specific to the type of roof on your home?
  • Which chemicals will be used?

It is critical that your roof is NOT pressure washed! Simply blasting off the bacteria with high-pressure will damage your shingles! Roof damage is a very costly expense that can be easily avoided.

For information about reputable companies throughout the area and for all of your real estate needs, please contact Jean Groesbeck & Assoc. seven days a week at (360) 941-3734.  We are happy to serve as a resource to you!

Speak Your Mind

*